Healthy Spring Fundraising Ideas for your School, Club, Band, or Team
At FarmRaiser, we want to make it easy for you to raise money with healthy local food and artisan goods, so we put together a series of healthy, easy, high-profit, and effective spring fundraising ideas. If you’re looking for some creative, fun and inspiring ways to raise money for your school, band, team or cause, you’ve come to the right place. This page highlights Spring Produce Fundraisers, Organic Seed Fundraisers, Coffee and Tea Fundraisers, and the FarmRaiser signature Community Basket Fundraisers. We will update this post with additional ideas about how you can raise funds for your cause in the spring and early summer season — so check back regularly, view our latest post or browse our Healthy Fundraising Ideas Collection.
1. Host a Seed Sale Fundraiser in Winter or Early Spring
Great news for gardeners everywhere! FarmRaiser has just partnered with High Mowing Organic Seeds to bring their seed fundraising catalog to your school, band, team or cause. Reach your fundraising goals by offering the highest quality, 100% certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified seeds to your supporters and customers. Top seven things we love about seeds:
- Seeds are in demand during the winter months when gardeners are planning for spring and deciding what to grow.
- High Mowing seeds can be shipped directly to your school, anywhere in the country, making delivery and distribution a snap.
- A great selection of carefully selected seeds allows home and school gardeners to pick exactly what they want to grow this year — dedicated gardeners are going to spend money on seeds anyway, and they might as well support your cause while doing it.
- You can add a seed sale to almost any of your existing fundraising plans, and boost your profits while providing countless opportunities for kids to learn and connect with food.
- If they grow it, they will eat it — when kids experience the magic of gardening firsthand, they are more likely to enjoy the fruits (and vegetables) of their efforts.
- You can set up your FarmRaiser campaign so fast it will make your head spin. With our real-time inventory system and the tried and true selection of seeds from High Mowing, you can start selling almost immediately. Try it, and see just how easy seed fundraising can be.
- Planting a seed is an expression of hope for the future, and cultivating hope for the future is what we try to do every day.
2. Fresh Produce Fundraiser: celebrate spring with farm-fresh goodness
Looking for a fresh idea for your spring fundraiser? Turn over a new leaf with a a selection of the season’s fruits and vegetables picked fresh from a farm near you. February and early March is the perfect time to book your fresh produce fundraiser and take advantage of spring crops like asparagus, greens, and herbs. Fresh produce fundraisers with a local farmer, CSA, or home produce delivery service are:
- Effective: everyone needs produce, and we work with farmers to bring you the season’s best at great prices.
- Educational: produce fundraisers are a great way to teach kids about where their food comes from, and how to eat healthy.
- Sustainable: choosing to sell local farm products helps keep your food system resilient and your local economy strong.
- Healthy and Delicious: the best way to get kids to eat vegetables is to serve them great-tasting farm-fresh produce. Or you could cover it in cheese and butter — either way, you’re in for a treat.
FarmRaiser can have your healthy fundraiser set up in less than a day. You get a customized online farmers’ market, our mobile app, a parent letter, marketing material, and easy-to-read reports that make distribution a snap.
3. Perk up your supporters with a coffee fundraiser
Highly popular, mildly addictive, and yet beneficial to health, coffee makes an amazingly effective and profitable fundraiser. As a nation, the United States spends $18 billion on coffee, with nearly 2/3rd of all adults in the United States drinking at least one cup per day. This makes coffee a great item to sell in your fundraiser: almost everyone wants it, and is going to spend money on it anyway, so they are delighted to buy some to support your group’s fundraising campaign.
Fresh, delicious, locally-roasted coffee has been one of the most popular FarmRaiser items since the beginning. Here’s why:
- Popular with parents and supporters – 2 out of 3 adults in America drink coffee, and buy it at least twice a month; your supporters are probably no exception.
- Widely available – FarmRaiser has artisan roaster partners in almost every area of the country, and we’re getting new ones every day.
- Delicious – every town has its local favorite style and type of bean, and with FarmRaiser you can sell exactly what your customers want, rather than some generic, untasted, un-trusted ‘fundraising coffee’
- Necessary – whether it’s your 5AM workout, early morning meetings, or shuttling kids to late night practices, rehearsals and events, coffee helps you make it through.
- No Refrigeration Needed – you can distribute coffee at a sunny afternoon soccer practice and not worry about it spoiling before it makes it home.
- Coffee promotes health, reducing the risk of diabetes, liver cancer and cirrhosis, gallstones, heart disease and Parkinson’s see this interactive info-graphic from Harvard’s School of Public Health.
If you’re looking for a unique fundraiser for your school, that will set you apart from other product fundraisers, why not try a Community Basket Fundraiser from FarmRaiser?
Here’s how it works: When you sell a Community Basket in your fundraiser, you keeps 50% of the sale, and FarmRaiser will work with your local food bank to buy locally-sourced fruits and vegetables at bulk prices to distribute to those who need it most. A typical basket of $20, will net you $10, and provide up to 50 lbs of food to your local food bank. The Community Basket can be effective on its own, or as an “add-on” to a seed fundraiser, fresh-produce fundraiser, or a holiday-themed campaign. Our organizers love Community Basket fundraisers because they’re:
- Meaningful & high-impact Fresh fruits and vegetables are always in short supply at food banks and pantries, and by purchasing at wholesale prices, even a small donation goes a long way to help families in need.
- Fast. We can have your fundraiser set up in about half an hour.
- Easy. With no products to distribute or volunteers to coordinate, a Community Basket Fundraiser is great for those with limited time.
- A great “add-on” product for a spring produce sale or other healthy product fundraiser
- Able to reach more people, because community baskets allow supporters who don’t want to pick up products or who live far away to support your cause and your community.
Just like with our product fundraisers, you’ll get a customized website for your Community Basket fundraiser, our mobile app, winning templates for your parent letters, and marketing material. Support equitable access to healthy food, while raising money for your school or cause, book your Community Basket fundraiser today.
Thanks for reading our collection of spring fundraising ideas. If you’ve got other great ideas for healthy spring fundraisers that you would like to share with your fellow teachers, PTA members, band leaders and organizers, leave them in the comments, or send us an email.
Latest posts by Japhet Koteen (see all)
- Build a Fundraising Page — FarmRaiser makes it easy for you to launch your fundraising business - November 16, 2016
- Schools turn to farm products, local artisans in fundraising efforts – Washington Post - November 16, 2016
- Your Easiest Holiday Fundraiser - October 25, 2016