FarmRaiser is 10 times better than Scrip Fundraising
10 times more profit, no waste and supporting local farmers makes a healthy fundraiser from FarmRaiser a much better deal than scrip fundraising.
Most families shop for groceries, particularly fresh fruits and vegetables, at least once a week. Grocery stores came up with the idea to rebate a small percentage of the purchases to a cause, if customers buy pre-paid coupons or gift cards. Sounds like a reasonable deal, right? Maybe not so much. There are two economic realities that make gift cards a lousy deal:
First, the average grocery scrip fundraising program returns about 4% to the school or cause. That means to raise $1,000, you would have to sell $25,000 worth of pre-paid groceries. That’s a whole lot of money. Second, an average of 20% of the pre-paid value is lost by consumers who misplace the pre-paid cards or discard a low-value card — you know exactly what we’re talking about, the gift card winds up in the back of the drawer in the kitchen rather than in your wallet where it might actually get used. That means that when you sell $25,000 of pre-paid grocery scrip in a fundraiser, $5,000 of value will be lost, or go unused. To put it another way, for every $1 you raise with a scrip program, $5 is wasted. Your supporters would be far better off if they just donated the the money to you.
A healthy fundraiser from from FarmRaiser has a completely different formula:
– We guarantee at least 45% profit on the sale, so it only takes $2,250 in sales to reach your $1,000 goal, less than ten times what you would have to sell for a scrip fundraiser.
– The farm-fresh produce and goods are delivered directly to the school, so your supporters get what they pay for, and they don’t have to remember a gift card next time they go shopping
– Since the money goes to local farmers and artisans, it gets re-circulated in your community, creating local jobs and enhancing your food system.
With FarmRaiser, for every dollar you raise, another dollar gets invested in your local food system, strengthening your community and connecting kids to healthy food. From a simple profit standpoint, FarmRaiser fundraising is at ten times better than grocery scrip, but if you take into account the benefits to local farms and the potential educational opportunities for kids, it’s even better than that. If you’re ready to raise money easily, and create value in your community, sign up for your Free FarmRaiser account and get started today.
- The whole world is asking NATO to shelter the sky over Ukraine - February 27, 2022
- We Are Hiring! Cultivator Position Open! - September 6, 2021
- Darrin’s Coffee: From Cast Iron Skillet to Coffee Bean - February 24, 2021
10 times more profit, no waste and supporting local farmers makes a healthy fundraiser from FarmRaiser a much better deal than scrip fundraising. Most families shop for groceries, particularly fresh fruits and vegetables, at least once a week. Grocery stores came up with the idea to rebate a small percentage of the purchases to a cause, if customers buy…