Strawberry Fundraising is the perfect late spring or early summer fundraiser for your school, team, band or cause.
The arrival of red ripe local strawberries, bursting with juicy flavor is the official herald of summer. Over the winter, we’ve subsisted on frozen berries, preserves, and imports from Mexico and California. The shape, color, and general appearance is like a strawberry, but these imports have been bred for size, color and durability, picked while under-ripe, and shipped thousands of miles in a refrigerated truck. This is not what I am talking about.
What I’m talking about is sublime, anticipated, and ephemeral: local strawberries, grown for maximum flavor, picked at the peak of ripeness, sold that afternoon at a nearby farmers market. You eat half of them on the way home, and have the rest for dessert or breakfast, and wish you’d bought more.
Luckily, FarmRaiser has a solution: sell local strawberries at your late spring fundraiser, and buy a couple of extra pounds for your family, and start your summer off the right way. Click to login, or sign up for a free FarmRaiser account and raise money with the best local strawberries.
We’ve reached out to our producers and have strawberry campaigns ready to go, whenever you are.
- –Make no-sugar strawberry freezer jam and savor summer all year long, or make Strawberry shortcakes, or Strawberries and Cream Biscuits
- – Learn about the 237 varieties of strawberries, and which ones are best for your region
- – The California strawberry industry dominates the US (and world) markets, with high-yields and high-technology production practices – but that dominance is fragile.
- – Strawberries have grown wild in Europe and the Americas since pre-historic times, with countless references in art and literature proclaiming their virtues, from romance to cures for gout. The modern strawberry is a hybrid of native north american, and chilean species that were brought to France in the 16th century. –> read more
Latest posts by Japhet Koteen (see all)
- FarmRaiser makes it easy to launch your fundraising business - November 16, 2016
- Schools use farm products & local artisans in fundraising efforts - November 16, 2016
- Your Easiest Holiday Fundraiser - October 25, 2016