Summer Intern Opportunity at FarmRaiser
Marketing, Social Media, and Growth Hacking Internship
Want to spend the summer with a scrappy social enterprise working to improve community health and strengthen local food systems? FarmRaiser’s growth strategy is built around social engagement, partnerships and sharing relevant content with our partners and customers. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to support and carry out a set of tactics using social media, content-marketing and direct email to grow the number of schools, teams and clubs on our healthy local fundraising platform. You’ll be an integral member of the team with some important projects to work on, but this is a true internship in that you will learn as much as you want about working in a tech-enabled startup. If that sounds exciting, read on and send us a resume, cover letter and samples of your writing, graphics, or other web content.
- – Support social media campaigns to grow in-bound leads and support existing campaigns focused on creating new inbound leads to the FarmRaiser platform.
- – Develop LinkedIn and Pinterest presence to support FarmRaiser social reach and inbound lead strategies
- – Create and edit content for website, social media, digital advertising, email, and earned media campaigns under direction of FarmRaiser staff
- – Assist in research on local organizations, list-building, segmentation, and scheduling email campaigns on NationBuilder platform
- – Support analytics and evaluation of results of campaigns
- – Other responsibilities and projects to be jointly determined according to interest and abilities
- – Passion for changing the world through social enterprise
- – Excellent writing skills
- – Extensive knowledge of social network optimization and use in a business context.
- – Willingness and ability to work independently and as a team member.
- – Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus
- – Graphics, video editing skills are a plus
- – Business analytics and database management skills are a plus
- – The position will be located at the FarmRaiser office in Arlington, VA, but some remote work is possible.
- – This position pays a stipend.
Each year school fundraisers sell nearly $6 billion worth of candy bars, cookie dough, and other junk food and products that contribute to obesity, diabetes, and a throwaway culture that is disconnected from food system.
Our kids, our schools and our communities deserve better. We built the FarmRaiser platform to to connect local farmers and artisans to student-led fundraisers, allowing teams, clubs, schools and causes to raise money and strengthen local food systems at the same time. FarmRaiser uses technology and old-fashioned community organizing to power student-led fundraising using products from local farmers and artisans.
By giving student the tools to advocate for healthy eating and local food selection and allowing them to sell wholesome, locally grown and made products, FarmRaiser is restoring value and purpose to an annual ritual that has lost its way in a sea of sugar and junk food.
For more information, please visit: http://farmraiser.com
- The whole world is asking NATO to shelter the sky over Ukraine - February 27, 2022
- We Are Hiring! Cultivator Position Open! - September 6, 2021
- Darrin’s Coffee: From Cast Iron Skillet to Coffee Bean - February 24, 2021
Marketing, Social Media, and Growth Hacking Internship Want to spend the summer with a scrappy social enterprise working to improve community health and strengthen local food systems? FarmRaiser’s growth strategy is built around social engagement, partnerships and sharing relevant content with our partners and customers. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to support…